Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Laundry Tuesday

Tuesday is laundry day. I can usually get all our laundry done in one day. Well, the stuff we wear anyway, unless Ella changes her clothes five times a day, then it can trickle over to Wednesday. And I usually do towels on Monday night and sheets all day Wednesday, or sometimes Thursday, depending, again, on Ella. But it makes me feel better to say I do it all in one day, ok? Don't question it!!!

Since I've managed to get my laundry chore down to "one" day, nothing drives me crazier than getting it all done and put away, then finding something under the girl's bed, in their closet or in the stinkin' laundry chute.

Ugh...the laundry chute. When we were moving into the new house, I opened a cabinet in the girl's bathroom and found no shelves and hole in the bottom. I did sort of freak out a little (but just a little, because I don't usually get too excited about anything...hahaha). Anyway...I'm not sure who discovered it, but someone discovered that hole lead to a cabinet downstairs in the laundry room. I know, sounds awesome right? But, did I mention that cabinet is ABOVE the laundry room sink? And did I mention that no basket fits inside that cabinet, so when I open it, all the girl's dirty laundry falls out on my head (or in the sink if I remember to jump out of the way)? And again I say, "ugh" and I'll throw in an "ew". I try to get them to put their clothes into the hampers, but the laundry chute is just too much fun. I'm just waiting for the day we have to call the fire department rescue Ella.

Oh, and the cabinet is so high that I can't see all the way back and it's not unsual for me to leave a pair of undies or a lone sock in there. Stupid chute. Although, I have to admit that it is pretty cool to tell people, "Oh, yeah, well I have a laundry chute in my house, so all the girl's laundry goes straight to the laundry room...".

Anyhoo...Having all the laundry done gives me such a sense of accomplishment. So much so, that I'm considering moving laundry day to Saturday so we can all run around naked for an entire day and every piece of laundry we have is done. Ah....How amazing would that be? Ha. I know there are people that do that, but, ew. Ew. And EWWWWWW!! Anyway...a girl can dream.

So, my undies and socks just went into the dryer and what do you think I found sitting on top of the washer? The little laundry bag full of the bras that were suppose to be in with that load. Yep. Fan-tastic!

No comments: